What is a Clinical Trial?
Clinical trials are research studies that test new treatments or drugs to find out if they are safe, effective, and better than the current standard treatment. Participating in a clinical trial is voluntary. No patient ever participates in a clinical trial without the owner’s express, written permission.
BluePearl Veterinary Partner’s mission is to provide the highest standard of care to patients presented for evaluation of an illness and to contribute knowledge and expertise to the veterinary community. To this end, BluePearl Science, a division of BluePearl Veterinary Partners, coordinates clinical trials that study the potential effectiveness of new drugs, treatments and protocols intended to improve pet health. These clinical trials offer local veterinarians and their patients access to treatments that are not yet commercially available.
Clinical Trials at BluePearl Hospitals
Clinical trials at our hospitals are sponsored by pharmaceutical and technology companies. Prior to approval of any clinical trial, we require the following:
- The trial procedure, technology or drug being tested has a good chance of success.
- The families of the patients are fully aware of the trial’s objectives, any potential side effects resulting from the trial, the names and contact information for the investigators and other pertinent details relating to the trial.
- The families of the patients have signed a written consent form for their pet to participate in the trial. No pet is allowed to participate in a clinical trial without the written consent of the pet’s owner.
By helping researchers to identify new and improved treatments, we can improve the quality and length of our pets’ lives.
To view clinical trials now accepting qualified patients, please visit our Current Clinical Trials page.
To view clinical trials that BluePearl has participated in the past, please visit our Previous Clinical Trials page.
For more information about BluePearl Science, please contact either
– Director, Teresa Lightfoot, DVM, DAVBP-Avian, firstname.lastname@example.org, 813.549.5967 or
– Brenda Fulcher, CVT, email@example.com, 813.933.8944.