1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. ELIGIBILITY: BluePearl’s Beastly Costume Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry (“Eligible Participants”). Internet access is required in order to enter this Contest. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives of BluePearl Veterinary Partners (“Sponsor”) and/or Frankie’s Friends Inc., and each of their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of the drawings and to notify potential winner.
3. CONTEST TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Contest begins at 5:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on Friday, September 30, 2016 and ends 6:00 AM PST on Thursday, October 27, 2016 (the “Promotional Period”). Five finalists will be selected based on the most votes from those entries received during the Promotional Period. From the five finalists, the Sponsor will select three winners to award the first, second and third place prizes.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Participants must enter the Contest through the application that appears on the Sponsor’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bluepearlveterinarypartners and by clicking on the “Beastly Costume Contest” tab. Eligible Participants must complete and submit the online entry form including the Eligible Participant’s first and last name, email address, phone number, age and country along with the Eligible Participant’s photo of their pet in costume. Eligible Participants may be required to document that they are the legal owners of the pets they enter into the contest. Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. Limit one (1) entry per person. Subsequent entries submitted by the same person in excess of the stated limitation for Promotional Period will be void. Entries that are generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries that are deemed in the sole discretion of the Sponsor by any means to subvert the entry process will be void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a dispute results as to the identity of an entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook ID from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to a Facebook ID from which the entry is made. The promotional website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
NO PURCHASE FROM &/OR VISIT TO BLUEPEARL IS NECESSARY TO WIN A PRIZE. PURCHASE FROM &/OR VISIT TO BLUEPEARL WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. Internet access & valid email required to participate.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, stolen, undelivered, incomplete, garbled, damaged, or misdirected entries. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry, proper names, likenesses, and photographs for advertising and promotional purposes in all media (including, but not limited to, the internet) without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. If an entrant changes his/her email address after he/she enters the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor by postal mailing notice to Sponsor’s address (listed in section 13 below) to be received by the end of the Promotional Period.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO REMOVE ANY POSTED ENTRY THAT THE SPONSOR FEELS IS INAPPROPRIATE, OBJECTIONABLE AND/OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE POSITIVE IMAGE AND/OR GOOD WILL IT WISHES TO PROMOTE IN THIS CONTEST.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRIES SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS AND MAY BE USED BY SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES, FOR ANY AND ALL ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, IN PERPETUITY, WORLDWIDE, IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED.
5. PET PHOTOS: Photos must be your original work and you must have full ownership rights. Photos become the property of the Sponsor, which will have the right, without further consideration, to modify and/or use them on its website and in any other publication for promotional purposes. By entering, you agree to the Sponsor’s use of your pet’s name and likeness for promotional purposes on TV, radio, website and any other publication for promotional purposes.
6. VOTING: Users may view and vote any time during the Promotional Period. Users can submit a maximum of one vote per photo for the entire Promotional Period. Users must be logged into their Facebook account in order to vote.
7. “MOST VOTES” FINALISTS SELECTIONS: There will be five finalists, determined by the most votes received during the Promotional Period. In the event of a tie between multiple eligible winners, a Sponsor staff member will choose the winner.
8. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Five finalists will be selected based on those photos that have received the most votes during the Promotional Period. Three (3) winners from the five finalists will be selected at the Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Contest.
Potential winners will be notified by email and/or phone on or about October 30, 2016. Potential winner may be required to respond via email or phone within 6 hours to receive the prize. Potential winner may be required to provide their mailing address in order to receive the prize. Non-compliance with this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period; or prize’s or prize notification’s return as undeliverable will result in such potential winner disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize.
1st prize – pet lovers’ gift basket up to $100 in value
2nd prize – pet lovers’ gift basket up to $50 in value
3rd prize – pet treats up to $20 in value.
No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of prizes are permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes. Prize may not be transferred or substituted except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize winner is at least 21 years of age but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. Limit three winners during the Promotion Period.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, the winners consent to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or party designated by the Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Contest or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the prize. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releases have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Contest or any prize awarded.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Entrant represents and warrants the following: 1) that he/she is the original author and owner (or represents and warrants that the owner of such rights has expressly granted any and all rights to the entrant for use by the Sponsor as set forth herein, and has written documentation to provide to Sponsor evidencing such rights) of any and all Entry materials posted, uploaded, or otherwise submitted (modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation); 2) the Entry will not, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Entrants are prohibited from posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any entry material that infringes on any copyright, trademark or proprietary rights of another (including publicity and privacy rights); 3) that the Entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; 4) that the Entry material is not obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, contains illegal content, or is otherwise objectionable, as determined by the Sponsor, that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, or that would otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. Entrant acknowledges that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
12. WAIVER OF LIABILITY / PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and submitting an entry, all entrants agree to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, Facebook, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss of any kind (including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Contest or from the acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Prize or any travel or activity related to the acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Prize. By acceptance of Prize, the Winner grants to Sponsor and its designees the right to publicize such Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence) photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
14. GENERAL: Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest at any time without notice and for any reason, including if in the judges’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, award the prizes to an eligible entry. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
15. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
16. WINNER: For the names of the winners, available after October 31, 2016, go to http://www.facebook.com/BluePearlVeterinaryPartners.
17. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is BluePearl Veterinary Partners, 2950 Busch Lake Blvd, Tampa FL 33614.