• We have Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby,
which has been held annually since 1875 on the first
Saturday of May.
• Louisville is a terrific place to live. Don’t take our word for it – we were ranked No. 2 on Money magazine’s “Best Places to Live” list.
• Love baseball? We celebrate the sport at the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, where Major League bats are produced.
• We are a foodie Mecca with more than 2,500 restaurants. If you’ve never tried one of our famous Hot Browns (an open-faced sandwich of turkey and bacon, covered in cheese sauce), you don’t know what you’re missing.
• You can also hit the “Urban Bourbon Trail,” where eight Kentucky distilleries produce 95 percent of the world’s bourbon supply.
• If you love the arts, Louisville is for you. It’s home to the Repertory Theatre, Children’s Theatre, Louisville Orchestra, Louisville Ballet and Louisville Opera.
• Louisville is also a city of green spaces. Its park system is nationally acclaimed and includes parks designed by famed architect Frederick Law Olmstead.
• Old Louisville is the oldest Victorian neighborhood in the U.S.
• The KFC Yum! Center attracts top concerts, shows and sporting events such as the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
• The University of Louisville, founded in 1798, is the oldest city-supported college in the U.S.