Elbow Dysplasia/Osteoarthritis – Pain Management Clinical Study (Dogs)
Location: Conshohocken, PA
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Conshohocken, PA is participating in a fully-funded study for dogs with elbow dysplasia/osteoarthritis (OA) pain.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the tolerability, safety and effectiveness of a medication administered by intra-articular injection in client-owned dogs with this condition.
To qualify, dogs must meet this criteria:
- Weigh between 10 kg and 50 kg
- Have a documented medical history, clinical signs, and/or radiographic evidence that support a diagnosis of elbow dysplasia/OA in one or both elbows
- Be experiencing pain that is refractory to standard pain management, or owner opts for pain management that is distinct from conventional treatments
- Does not have any underlying or concurrent disease (i.e., immune-mediated or other polyarthropathy, neurological, orthopedic) that will affect the study objectives or patient safety
- Cannot be on any medications prohibited by the study (medications targeted at the treatment of orthopedic pain are acceptable, provided they have been administered for at least 2 weeks prior to enrolling in the study)
- Must not be pregnant or lactating
- Cannot be participating in another study
- Must be available for the entire study duration
Owners must present their dog for five visits over a 12-week period.
Contact Dr. Nicole Salas at 484.567.7999 for more information.