Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinical Study (Dogs)
Overland Park, KS
- Virginia Beach, VA
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency pet hospitals in Overland Park (KS) and Virginia Beach (VA) are participating in a study evaluating the safety and efficacy of a new investigational drug for the management of canine inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Dogs that are part of the study will be evaluated over five consecutive weeks and will receive physical examinations, bloodwork, diagnostic testing, and the assigned treatment at no charge. For eligibility, dogs must meet the criteria below.
- Is experiencing at least one sign of IBD (weight loss, inappetence/anorexia, vomiting, or diarrhea), and has history of at least one of these signs for three weeks.
- Has completed a two-week food trial with a prescription diet you prescribed.
- Has been on a consistent diet for at least 14 days.
- Has received treatment with an anti-diarrheal antibiotic for at least two weeks within the past 90 days.
- Has received oral fenbendazole (Panacur®) for three days within the past 60 days.
- Is not currently receiving steroids or other medications to suppress the immune system.
Kansas Participation Contact Beth Rogers at (913) 642-9563
Virginia (Virginia Beach Hospital) Participation Contact Dr. Leigh Perry at (757) 499-5463