Clinical Study (Dogs)
- Kansas City, KS
- Southfield, MI
- Tampa, FL
- Boston, MA
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospitals in Kansas, Michigan, Florida and Massachusetts are now enrolling dogs with osteosarcoma who have undergone amputation and chemotherapy in a study of the Canine Osteosarcoma Vaccine, Live Listeria Vector (COV-LLV), a conditionally licensed product. For participation, a dog must meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
- Signed informed consent case report form
- Client-owned dog > 1 year of age
- Body weight ≥ 2 kg
- Histopathologic or cytologic diagnosis of osteosarcoma
- Amputation of the affected limb followed by a completed chemotherapy regimen
- ECOG performance score of 0 or 1 (0 = normal activity; 1 = restricted activity, decreased activity from pre-disease status; 2 = compromised, ambulatory only for vital activities, consistently defecates and urinates in acceptable areas)
- Clinically relevant abnormalities on chemistry, CBC, UA
- Evidence of pulmonary metastases on 3-view thoracic radiographsA
- Prior immunotherapeutic treatment for osteosarcoma
- Any uncontrolled medical condition (including other concurrent malignancy) that may be disruptive to the intent and objectives of the study
- Dog is pregnant, lactating or likely to become pregnant
- Dog is participating in another study
- Dog may not be available for the entire study duration
Eligibility will be confirmed by reviewing the dog’s medical history, performing a physical exam, taking thoracic radiographs, and submitting routine blood and urine testing. All dogs enrolled in the study will be treated with the vaccine.
Kansas City Participation
Contact Adrienne Hagar at (913) 642-9563 for more information.
Contact Dr. Angela Kozicki at (248) 354-6640 for more information.
Contact anyone on the oncology team in Tampa at (813) 399-8944 for more information.
Contact Kim Cronin, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology) at (781) 684-8688 for more information.
View Current Clinical Studies