Clinical Study (Dogs)
Location: Midvale, UT
This is a collaborative study with Animal Medical Center in New York, NY. It’s a prospective, randomized, double-blinded, clinical study with active control, intended to compare the effects of two drug therapies (doxorubicin paired with immunotherapy vs. doxorubicin paired with placebo) on the progression free survival time of canine hemangiosarcoma patients after splenectomy. Morbidity and mortality will be compared between treatment groups.
Study Financial Benefits
- The cost of initial oncology examination and consult will be waived for enrolled patients.
- The cost of blood pressure monitoring will be free of charge.
- Possible immunotherapy will be free of charge.
Study Eligibility and Commitment
- Dogs that are post-splenectomy with a definitive diagnosis of hemangiosarcoma are eligible to enroll.
- The study period is 118 days following enrollment, and patients must commit to 8 clinic visits.
Dogs Are NOT Eligible If They…
- Have documented blood pressure abnormalities and/or are receiving medications for a blood pressure abnormality
- Are pregnant
- Weigh less than 2.5 kg
- Have been treated with prior chemotherapeutics for hemangiosarcoma or any other malignancies
Midvale Participation Contact Dr. Katherine Wright, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology) at (813) 871-0600.