At BluePearl pet hospitals, providing our customers, like you, with remarkable service is a top priority. We’re committed to making your visit to our hospital as smooth as possible. Here, you can download patient forms and find other helpful resources.
The Blood Bank at Paramus
Help save another pet’s life by donating your pet’s blood. Learn about the benefits and eligibility requirements below.
Blood donor benefits:
- Exam by one of our clinicians
- Complete blood work
- Heartworm test
- Thyroid test
- Infectious disease testing
- Blood typing
- Plenty of hugs and kisses
- Monetary credit added to the pet owner’s account with every donation to use for future veterinary visits
- After six successful donations, your donor pet or another pet in your household can receive one free blood product.
Eligibility requirements for blood donors:
- 1-7 years of age
- Dog must weigh over 50 pounds
- Cats must weigh over 9 pounds
- Spayed or neutered
- Females cannot have previously had a litter
- Up-to-date on vaccines
- On flea/tick preventative
- Dogs must be on heartworm preventative
- In general good health upon examination
- Cannot have received a blood transfusion (including red blood cells and plasma)
Please contact our Paramus hospital at 201.527.6699 or email us with questions.
Learn more about BluePearl Blood Banks