Dr. Jared Brethouwer enjoys all aspects of emergency medicine and has a special interest in cardiopulmonary medicine and blood disorders.
Dr. Brethouwer is the medical director of all BluePearl Pet Hospitals in the greater Phoenix area.
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, VCA Animal Specialty Group, San Diego CA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis
- Bachelor of Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins
An outdoor enthusiast, Dr. Brethouwer likes kayaking, fishing and volleyball. Indoor pastimes include reading and cooking.
Dr. Lisa Driben’s professional interests include soft tissue surgery, metabolic or endocrine emergencies and toxicology.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Canada
- Bachelor of Science, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Driben enjoys running, biking and hiking. She has two twin daughters and two dogs – a shepherd/pug mix named Lola and a pug named Wilbur.
Kristin KellyMBA, DVM
- Clinical Rotation, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, St. Matthew’s University, West Bay, Cayman Islands
- Master of Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Davenport University, Grand Rapids, MI
Jonathan SchnierDVM, DACVIM
Some of Dr. Jonathan Schnier’s favorite conditions to treat include gastrointestinal, endocrine, infectious, respiratory and urinary/renal diseases. He also enjoys all types of ultrasound procedures.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Residency, Small Animal Internal Medicine, Atlantic Veterinary College, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Southern Arizona Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center, Tucson
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph Ontario, Canada
With an active lifestyle, Dr. Schnier’s favorite pastimes include running, hiking, alpine skiing, sea kayaking and scuba diving. He and his wife, also a veterinarian, have two sons and a number of pets: two Siberian huskies, one cat, two geckos and a snake.
Dr. Selina Velasquez is an Arizona native, born and raised in northern Phoenix. She is the “oddball” who enjoys the heat. During her internship with the Emergency Animal Clinic, she realized that she enjoys emergency medicine but also has a clinical interest in cardiology.
- Internship, Emergency and Critical Care, Emergency Animal Clinic, Gilbert AZ
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, Corvallis
- Bachelor of Science, Agribusiness, Arizona State University, Tempe
Dr. Velasquez likes watching shows and movies, exercising, and cooking and baking. She has three dogs: a white Pekingese named Chrissy, a brindle Scottish terrier named Agnes and a black Scottish terrier named Hazel.