At BluePearl pet hospitals, providing our customers, like you, with remarkable service is a top priority. We’re committed to making your veterinary visit as smooth as possible. Here, you can download patient forms and find other helpful resources. Need more answers? We’re happy to help. Please contact the Dogwood Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center at 804.716.4700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Blood Bank at Richmond
Save another pet’s life by donating your pet’s blood. Learn about the benefits and eligibility requirements below.
Blood donor benefits:
- $40 credit for our hospital for each donation – which can be rendered through our emergency, internal medicine and surgery departments
- Free health screening including bloodwork to test for infectious diseases
- Lots of treats, cuddles and love from our blood bank veterinary team!
Eligibility requirements for blood donors:
- 1-7 years of age
- Dog must weigh over 50 pounds
- Cats must weigh over 9 pounds
- Spayed or neutered
- Females cannot have previously had a litter
- Up to date on vaccines
- On flea/tick preventative
- Dogs must be on heartworm preventative
- In general good health upon examination
- Cannot have received a blood transfusion (including red blood cells and plasma)
Once approved, you will be asked to commit to 12 donations, donating once every two to three months for three years.
Please contact our Richmond hospital at 804.716.4700 or email us with questions.
Learn more about BluePearl Blood Banks.