Close

After their dog is saved, Arizona family makes a viral video

You can watch a report here from KNXV-TV in Phoenix about the dog Dancer. You can find Dancer’s Facebook page here.

Jeni Connor’s Labrador retriever was slowly recovering at the BluePearl hospital in Gilbert, Ariz., after ingesting xylitol, a sweetener that is toxic to dogs. That’s when Connor decided she had to act.

The Connor family made a video that went viral about Dancer, their dog who almost died after gobbling down gum containing the sweetener xylitol.

The Connor family made a video that went viral about Dancer, their dog who almost died after gobbling down gum containing the sweetener xylitol.

She and her daughters made a Facebook video warning people about xylitol, a sweetener used in human foods which is very dangerous to dogs. The video went viral — nearly 200,000 have viewed it! Television stations and newspapers began picking up the story as well.