Whether your pet has a broken leg, an abdominal tumor, or has a bone stuck inside, our surgeons have the experience to fix the problem. And when your pet needs surgery, you’ll want a surgeon who has had advanced training and lots of experience in the most up-to-date surgical techniques.
BluePearl’s surgeons perform thousands of complicated, specialized surgeries every year. Our surgical suites have the most modern equipment and patient monitoring capabilities to safeguard your pet’s health. After surgery, your pet will be monitored in either our Intensive Care Unit or Inpatient Unit, both of which are monitored 24 hours a day by our incredible nursing staff, who under the direction of the surgeon, assure your pet is clean, comfortable, free of pain and on the road to recovery.
If your pet needs an arthroscopy, a total hip replacement or a skin graft, you can be assured your pet will receive expert and compassionate care in the hands of our surgery team.
Surgeries we often perform include:
Soft-tissue surgery involves state-of-the-art techniques such as arthroscopic surgery, laparoscopic surgery and thoracoscopic surgery.
- Remove tumors in the gastrointestinal tract including the esophagus, stomach, intestines, and colon; urinary and reproductive organs; liver, gall bladder and bile ducts
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Cardiovascular surgery including surgery to correct congenital and acquired anomalies of the heart, remove cardiac tumors and implant pacemakers
- Repair of the upper and lower respiratory tract
- Hernia repair
- Management of chronic ear disease and aural tumors.
Orthopedic surgery addresses bone and muscle injuries using bone plating and interlocking nail fixation, external skeletal fixation, arthroscopic surgery, laparoscopic surgery and thoracoscopic surgery.
- Sports injuries including fractures, ligament and tendon injuries such as cruciate ligament tears and patellar luxation
- Degenerative diseases such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia and limb abnormalities
- Congenital conditions