If you have a heart problem, you might need to see a cardiologist. It’s the same in the animal world. If your pet has a heart issue, your local vet may refer you to a BluePearl veterinary cardiologist. They’re experts in caring for the heart health of our furry friends.
Our pet cardiologists know all about your pet’s circulatory system: the heart muscle, valves and blood vessels. They also know what to do when things go wrong.
Conditions we treat:
- Enlarged heart
- Congestive heart failure (dogs and cats)
- Congenital heart defects
- High blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Feline blood clot disorders
What to expect at a pet cardiologist visit:
We want you to be prepared for your visit with a BluePearl pet cardiologist, so you have one less thing to worry about. But you should know our entire BluePearl veterinary team will be with you every step of the way.
- Bring your pet and your pet's health records with you to BluePearl
- A cardiologist will examine your pet
- Our team may conduct advanced testing: echocardiogram, EKG, contrast imaging and others
- We'll create a treatment plan and may prescribe medication
- We recommend that you follow the treatment plan and bring your pet back for regular checkups
While a pet's heart problem is nothing to ignore, many conditions, with proper monitoring and treatment, will enable your pet to live a better and longer life.
Find your nearest cardiologist.
We have over 100 specialty and emergency pet hospitals throughout the country.
Not all services are available in all BluePearl hospitals. Contact your local BluePearl for services available at that location.