We focus exclusively on emergency treatment and advanced specialty veterinary care. (For annual vaccines and wellness care, please see your primary care veterinarian.)
If you believe your pet is sick, hurt or in distress, we’re here to provide expert care. Our trained emergency clinicians are prepared to diagnose and treat urgent cases, including severely injured or critically ill pets. Common emergency cases we see include:
- Animal attacks
- Collapse episodes
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty urinating
- Hit-by-car accidents
- Ingestion of medications, poisons or objects
- Severe diarrhea
Through every step of your pet’s emergency care experience, we keep you and your pet’s primary veterinarian informed and involved.
Anesthesiology & Pain Management
Our anesthesiology and pain management service works with other specialties in the hospital to provide safe and comfortable sedation and anesthesia for pets during diagnostic and surgical procedures. Using sophisticated tools to monitor your pet under anesthesia, our experts utilize advanced techniques to control pain.
Our veterinary cardiology team diagnoses and treats diseases of the heart and lungs. We use advanced imaging tools and techniques to identify your pet’s specific condition and develop a treatment plan. Cardiology patients have a variety of treatment options, including minimally invasive procedures.
Your pet’s primary veterinarian may refer you to our cardiology service for:
- Newly diagnosed heart murmur or recent increase in murmur grade (1-6)
- Episodes of collapse or fainting
- Irregular breathing or respiratory distress
- Chronic coughing
- High or low blood pressure
- Diagnosed heart failure or heart disease
- Irregular heart rhythm
If your pet is suffering from a skin condition or experiencing allergy symptoms, our dermatology team is here to help. Our pet dermatologists have the training to diagnose, manage and treat common and complex skin conditions in pets. We work closely with your pet’s primary veterinarian to create comprehensive care plans for the long-term management of skin complications.
Common conditions we diagnose and treat include:
- Allergies (both environmental and food-related)
- Acute and chronic disease of the skin and ears
- Autoimmune diseases
- Parasitic skin diseases (like mange)
- Fungal infections (like ringworm)
Our radiology service performs many non-invasive and minimally invasive diagnostic procedures. These services allow the specialty clinicians unique, non-invasive opportunities for evaluating various diseases.
Veterinary internists are trained to take care of patients who can’t tell them what’s wrong. By using the pet’s history, clinical signs, lab results, imaging studies and other testing, our internal medicine specialists can diagnose severe, chronic illnesses or symptoms that appear suddenly.
Our compassionate oncology team offers a variety of treatment options for pets with cancer. From initial diagnosis to ongoing care, we are focused on promoting your pet’s quality of life.
We take an integrative approach to treating cancer that includes:
- Taking time to listen to and answer all questions and concerns about cancer treatment
- Creating a treatment plan tailored to each patient and client’s individual needs
- Working within client’s schedules for therapy delivery
- Maintaining regular updates with referring family veterinarians
By helping every pet owner understand their pet’s disease and by providing appropriate educational tools, we all work together to improve and extend each pet’s quality of life.
When your pet needs surgery, our veterinary surgery team is ready to provide the best possible care. Our hospital is equipped with advanced tools, technology and monitoring capabilities to provide sophisticated medical care and compassionate service during your pet’s time of need.
Surgery may be the best option for pets with:
- Chronic diseases like ear or respiratory tract infections
- Congenital conditions like dysplasia or heart defects
- Trauma or injuries, including fractures, ligament and tendon injuries
Each BluePearl pet hospital is unique. Our Queens hospital offers these specialties and services provided by skilled, compassionate and dedicated professionals.
Our team respects the close bond between pet owners and their pets and treats each with dignity, compassion and kindness.