Marlayna BarnardMS, DVM, CVA
Dr. Marlayna Barnard’s special interests include anesthesia, surgery and the integration of acupuncture with Western veterinary medicine.
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist, Chi Institute, Reddick, FL
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Emergency, Veterinary Specialists of Rochester, NY
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Ross University, St Kitts & Nevis, West Indies
- Master of Science, Anatomy and Neurophysiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins
Dr. Barnard enjoys traveling, hiking, camping, gardening and family time. She has many pets, including dogs, cats and an African sulcata tortoise.
Dr. Taylor Boyer is particularly interested in surgery, seizures and snake bites.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Delaware Valley University, Doylestown, PA
Dr. Boyer loves spending time with her big family and her significant other. Family dinners and cookouts are her absolute favorite! She enjoys relaxing at home watching shows or being outdoors for a hike or walk. Her family has two huskies, named Ruby and Venee, and lots of cats, while her significant other’s family owns a boxer named Sampson.
Dr. Jared Brethouwer enjoys all aspects of emergency medicine and has a special interest in cardiopulmonary medicine and blood disorders.
Dr. Brethouwer is the medical director of all BluePearl Pet Hospitals in the greater Phoenix area.
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, VCA Animal Specialty Group, San Diego CA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis
- Bachelor of Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins
An outdoor enthusiast, Dr. Brethouwer likes kayaking, fishing and volleyball. Indoor pastimes include reading and cooking.
Antoinette R. Harris-SamsonDVM
Dr. Antoinette Harris-Samson prides herself on excellent client communication and patient care. Her clinical interests include endoscopic procedures, disorders involving GI disease and endocrine-related diseases.
- Residency, Small Animal Internal Medicine, BluePearl Pet Hospital, Scottsdale, AZ
- Internship, Small Animal Internal Medicine, BluePearl Pet Hospital, Scottsdale, AZ
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Affiliated Veterinary Specialists, Maitland, FL
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Tuskegee University, AL
- Bachelor of Science, Animal & Poultry Sciences, Tuskegee University, AL
Dr. Harris-Samson likes watching movies, cooking, listening to music, outdoor activities and spending time with her husband and their puppy.
Dr. Francesca Lanfranchi is part of our emergency medicine training program for clinicians. She is particularly interested in triaging and stabilizing emergency patients as well as performing surgeries.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ
- Bachelor of Science, Small Animal Science, Delaware Valley University, Doylestown, PA
Some of Dr. An Nguyen’s clinical interests include neurology and ophthalmology cases and soft tissue surgeries, such as gastrointestinal obstructions and C-sections.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette IN
- Bachelor of Science, Veterinary Science, University of Arizona, Tucson
Dr. Nguyen likes outdoor rock climbing, playing basketball and playing the piano. She has a heeler mix named Rocky.