Specialty vet services in Lafayette, CO.
BluePearl Pet Hospital is here when your pet needs specialty or emergency care. Our compassionate clinicians are highly trained in their specific fields.
We take a collaborative approach, working closely with you and your pet’s primary veterinarian to create a comprehensive care plan that’s tailored to your pet’s unique condition and quality of life. Specialties and services offered at our pet hospital include:
Our emergency service is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of patient care and client satisfaction. When your pet comes in for an emergency, our hospital is equipped to perform the following diagnostic tests:
- Full in-house blood work: to assess infection, inflammation, anemia and clotting,
- Radiograph (x-rays): to assess for internal abnormalities such as bone trauma/fracture, GI obstruction, bloat (GDV), heart failure, pneumonia and cancer
- Triage ultrasound: to assess for internal bleeding, fluid buildup, ruptured urinary bladder and infection
- Specialty ultrasound of chest or abdomen: a thorough assessment for organ disease/abnormalities, GI obstruction, infection and cancer.
- MRI: to assess for spinal fracture, head trauma/skull fractures, slipped disc in the back, stroke, brain tumor and meningitis
Critical care patients come to our hospital due to trauma, the development of an acute life-threatening illness or immediately following major surgery. Our critical care service carefully evaluates each patient and creates a custom monitoring plan by measuring variables such as pulse, heart rate, blood pressure and more.
We are prepared to treat many different types of trauma, including:
- Respiratory distress
- Blood transfusions
Our veterinary ophthalmology team has advanced training, equipment and expertise to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of all ocular conditions or concerns. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for all animals.
Our goal is to enhance your pet’s quality of life by improving vision, managing chronic ocular disease and relieving discomfort from painful eye disorders.
The more common ophthalmology services that we provide are:
- Diabetic and non-diabetic cataract surgery with artificial lens implants
- Structural corrections such as entropion, distichia and cherry eye surgeries
- Medical and surgical management of corneal injury/non-healing ulcers
- Minimally invasive eyelid tumor removal/therapy
- Glaucoma management
- Retinal/vision diagnostics
- Dry eye therapy (KCS)
- Advanced microscope-assisted surgical procedures
- OFA CAER exams (For inherited eye disease screening)
Read about Stella, who developed cataracts from diabetes. Stella was a good candidate for cataract surgery and her post-operative results proved that surgery was the right option for this little pug.
The veterinary surgeons at BluePearl Pet Hospital are trained in all forms of surgery including orthopedic, soft tissue, oncologic (cancer) and minimally invasive procedures. If your pet needs surgery, be assured that they are in the best hands. All surgery patients recover in our ICU with 24-hour care from an ICU technician.
We are equipped to perform many different types of surgery including:
- Orthopedic Surgery: fracture repairs, ligament/tendon stabilization (such as TPLO for cranial cruciate tears) and congenital corrections for bone and joint abnormalities.
- Soft Tissue Surgery: thoracic or abdominal surgery, these surgeries can be performed as a routine procedure or as an emergency.
- Oncologic Surgery: removal of any cancerous growth helps to minimize or avoid cancer spread. These growths or tumors can be externally visible on the skin, or internal and growing within a bone, or an organ in the chest or abdominal cavity.
Non-Surgical Chronic Orthopedic Case Management
If your pet has an orthopedic disease that cannot be fixed with surgery, or if surgery is not an option for your family, we can provide you with other possible options. Veterinary surgeons are trained in diagnosing and managing chronic orthopedic diseases such as osteoarthritis, hip dysplasia and congenital malformations.
Consulting with the surgeon to discuss the management of these diseases can be very helpful in mitigating progression, managing pain and helping improve your pet’s quality of life.
Our team respects the close bond between pets and their owners. We treat each patient with dignity, compassion and kindness.