Specialty vet services in North Dallas, TX.
At BluePearl Pet Hospital, we take a collaborative approach to veterinary medicine. This means our skilled team of clinicians and technicians share knowledge with each other as well as your pet’s primary veterinarian to deliver the most comprehensive care. We also communicate closely with you through every step of your pet’s care. Our emergency and specialty services include:
We’re always available when your pet needs emergency care. Our high-tech equipment and treatment solutions are similar to the technology found in human hospitals. Services we offer include:
- Initial diagnostics (on-site STAT laboratory, x-rays, CT scan) and stabilization of any medical or surgical patient.
- Blood typing, cross-matching, blood and plasma transfusions for anemia, and bleeding disorders.
- Oxygen therapy and respiratory support for patients with respiratory distress, including ventilator therapy.
- Emergency surgery for complex cases such as GDV (twisted stomach), blood in the abdomen, gastrointestinal foreign body obstruction, C-section, and many other conditions.
- Diagnostics and medical support for other veterinary emergencies such as toxin ingestion, infectious diseases, endocrine conditions (Addison’s, diabetic, etc.), seizures, acute liver or kidney failure, and trauma.
- Advanced life support (high-flow oxygen therapy, ventilator therapy)
We work closely with your primary care veterinarian, sharing all information and keeping them informed with an open line of communication.
Critical care medicine has rapidly advanced, allowing more pets to recover from serious and life-threatening conditions. With a board-certified critical care specialist overseeing our ICU team, we are fortunate to have the knowledge, expertise, and equipment to care for critically ill patients in need of intensive, around-the-clock monitoring, long-term ventilation, and other advanced life-saving treatments.
The first step in caring for a sick pet is determining a precise diagnosis. With advanced diagnostic tools available to all of our specialty departments, we are uniquely equipped to determine the underlying conditions affecting our patients. On-site diagnostic imaging technology includes:
- Digital radiography
- Electrodiagnostic studies
- CT Scan
Internal medicine specialists are trained to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions affecting individual bodily organs, or entire systems of the body. At BluePearl, we are fortunate to have a dedicated team of internal medicine clinicians who are trained to diagnose and treat a variety of internal illness and complications including:
- Gastrointestinal (GI) and urinary tract illnesses
- Liver, pancreas and kidney diseases
- Heart, lung and respiratory problems
- Endocrine disorders
- Immune system, blood and bone marrow abnormalities
Our internal medicine specialists perform procedures such as:
- Endoscopy (upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy, laryngoscopy and bronchoscopy (airways, lungs) cystoscopy (bladder), rhinoscopy (nose)
- Ultrasound (abdomen, thorax, neck area, heart (echocardiography)
- Bone marrow aspirates
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Needle biopsies of masses or diseased organs
- Advanced blood testing
- Minimally-invasive abdominal surgery (laparoscopy)
- Abdominal surgery (laparoscopy)
- Tracheal and urethral stent placement
Neurology & Neurosurgery
Our experienced neurology team diagnoses and treats conditions of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system. We use diagnostic technologies on par with human medicine to determine the best treatment options for your pet.
As experts in neurosurgery, we perform more than 200 neurological procedures a year to treat and manage common diseases of the brain and spinal cord.
Led by board-certified veterinary neurologists, we’re proud to serve among a limited number of veterinary practices in the nation that has been granted approval to provide ACVIM-certified neurology residency training programs.
Board-certified surgeons provide dedicated care by accessing many innovative technologies and procedures. As leaders in the veterinary surgery community, we remain current with the most progressive treatment options to deliver the best care possible for pets.
Our surgery team operates in a newly-designed surgery suite, which is complete with sophisticated lighting, anesthetic monitoring equipment, digital imaging, and fiber optic scope equipment for minimally invasive surgery.
We develop a personalized pain management protocol for every patient, and we closely observe your pet through anesthetic induction, surgery, and recovery.
In-Home Hospice Services
The goal of pet hospice is to help senior or terminally ill pets live the fullest life possible for the time that remains. If your pet has been diagnosed with a painful or life-limiting condition, they may be referred to a hospice veterinarian for:
- In-home senior care
- Pain and symptom management
- Hospice and palliative care
- Quality of life consultations
- End-of-life services