Amy GiffordDVM, DACVS-SA
Dr. Amy Gifford enjoys all aspects of surgery, especially emergency surgery, surgical oncology and fracture fixation.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons-Small Animal
- Residency, Small Animal Surgery, Virginia Veterinary Surgical Associates, Richmond
- Internship, Small Animal Surgery, Virginia Veterinary Surgical Associates, Richmond
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, CO
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca NY
- Bachelor of Science, Pre-Veterinary Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
When not working, Dr. Gifford enjoys soccer, downhill skiing, being outdoors and visiting her home state of Maine. Her pets include golden retriever Stella, Labrador-pit bull mix Allagash and two cats Letty and Melvin.
Dr. James Riddle’s particular clinical interests include anesthesia and pain management, toxicities and critical care patients.
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, Tinton Falls NJ
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg VA
- Bachelor of Science, Animal Science, Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ
Dr. Riddle likes cooking, cycling and hairless cats.
Lori RiosDVM, PhD, DACVIM
Dr. Lori Rios has a particular interest in feline internal medicine, immunology, hematology and endocrine diseases.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Residency, Small Animal Internal Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Veterinary Specialists of Connecticut, Hartford
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA
- Doctor of Philosophy, Clinical Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond
- Bachelor of Science, Union College, Schenectady, NY
Dr. Rios and her husband share their home with their five Maine coon cats. In her spare time, she and her husband enjoy visiting family, exploring the mountains and water around their property, gardening, and of course, attending to their felines.
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, ASPCA Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, New York, NY
- Clinical Rotation, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Ross University, St. Kitts & Nevis, West Indies
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Chemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond