Dr. Katrina Frerichs loves communicating with clients to explain their pet’s condition and ease their worries when needed. She is particularly interested in treating pain, gastrointestinal disorders, and laceration repairs. Dr. Frerichs has extensive experience working with exotic pets and enjoys helping their owners get the information they need to best care for their pets.
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, NJ
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Bachelor of Science, Animal Science, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Dr. Frerichs enjoys hiking and adventuring with her partner and working out at home. She has a guinea pig and plans to add to her small mammal family soon. She loves traveling, particularly to the Boston area to see family.
Amy GiffordDVM, DACVS-SA
Dr. Amy Gifford enjoys all aspects of surgery, especially emergency surgery, surgical oncology and fracture fixation.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons-Small Animal
- Residency, Small Animal Surgery, Virginia Veterinary Surgical Associates, Richmond
- Internship, Small Animal Surgery, Virginia Veterinary Surgical Associates, Richmond
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, CO
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca NY
- Bachelor of Science, Pre-Veterinary Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
When not working, Dr. Gifford enjoys soccer, downhill skiing, being outdoors and visiting her home state of Maine. Her pets include golden retriever Stella, Labrador-pit bull mix Allagash and two cats Letty and Melvin.
Dr. Amanpreet Grewal is a resident in our surgical service. His particular surgical interests include orthopedics, fracture repairs and arthroscopy procedures.
- Internship, Small Animal Surgery, BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, Richmond, VA
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, VCA Veterinary Emergency Service Veterinary Specialty Center, Middleton, WI
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee WI
When not working, Dr. Grewel enjoys playing basketball and tennis.
Dr. Patrick Gritt’s special interests include emergency, shelter and preventative medicine for pets.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Bachelor of Science, Pathobiology and Veterinary Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs
As an experienced emergency clinician, Dr. Ashley Miller-Quarles prides herself on great communication skills and her ability to put clients’ minds at ease during emergencies. She particularly enjoys unblocking urinary obstructions in cats, stabilizing trauma patients and managing patient care in the intensive care unit (ICU).
- Internship, Small Animal Internal Medicine & Critical Care , Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists, Houston, TX
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Auburn University, AL
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
Dr. Miller-Quarles is married with two young children. She has three dogs, including a three-legged dog or “tripod.” In her spare time, she enjoys reading, knitting and anything related to true crime (documentaries, podcasts, books, etc.)
Dr. James Riddle’s particular clinical interests include anesthesia and pain management, toxicities and critical care patients.
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, Tinton Falls NJ
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg VA
- Bachelor of Science, Animal Science, Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ
Dr. Riddle likes cooking, cycling and hairless cats.
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, ASPCA Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, New York, NY
- Clinical Rotation, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Ross University, St. Kitts & Nevis, West Indies
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Chemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond