Callum HayBVM&S, DACVS
Dr. Callum Hay’s passion is finding the most consistent ways to attain best practices with surgery in dogs and cats. With nearly 30 years of experience, he has performed numerous orthopedic, neurological, and soft tissue surgeries. His primary focus is knee, hip, and fracture repair.
He has published research on the biological response of the canine knee to ligament damage in the American Journal of Veterinary Research. He has published a wide range of articles in the veterinary literature including several book chapters on arthritis.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Residency, Small Animal Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Internship, Large Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of Georgia, Athens
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of Georgia, Athens
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Dr. Hay enjoys giving back to the community through charitable work.
Leslie ThomasDVM, DACVS-SA
Dr. Leslie Thomas performs a wide variety of soft tissue, orthopedic, and neurological surgical procedures. She has a special interest in oncologic (cancer) and reconstructive surgery, Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO), and fracture repair.
Dr. Thomas has conducted research on an implantable antibiotic delivery system and has publications in the Veterinary Surgery Journal, The Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, and The Canadian Veterinary Journal. She has also taught other veterinarians advanced surgical techniques and has presented at the Veterinary Orthopedic Society conference.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons-Small Animal
- Residency, Small Animal Surgery, Chesapeake Veterinary Surgical Specialists, Annapolis, MD
- Internship, Small Animal Surgery, Veterinary Surgical Services, Tampa, FL
- Internship, Emergency & Critical Care, Angell Memorial Animal Hospital, Boston, MA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville
- Bachelor of Science, Stetson University, DeLand, FL
Outside of work, Dr. Thomas can often be found at the stables riding horses or at home enjoying time with her husband and two dogs.