Nicole BlockDVM, DACVIM (Neurology)
Dr. Nicole Block knew she wanted to be a veterinarian since she was a young girl. Throughout high school and college, she worked at a very busy small animal practice, which solidified her love for veterinary medicine. She is excited to offer compassionate neurology care for pets in the Atlanta area. Her clinical interests include diagnosing and managing intervertebral disc disease, head trauma, inflammatory brain and spinal conditions and seizures.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)
- Residency, Neurology, BluePearl Pet Hospital, Sandy Springs, GA
- Internship, Neurology, BluePearl Pet Hospital, Sandy Springs, GA
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, VCA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center, Norwalk, CT
- Clinical Rotation, The Ohio State University, Columbus
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, St. George’s University, Grenada, West Indies
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Asian Studies, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
Dr. Block grew up on Long Island, New York. She served as captain of the women’s tennis team during her junior and senior years at Vassar College. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, friends and two dogs (Bowser and Bucky). She loves playing tennis, being active and going to see live music.
Mary SchickDVM, DACVD
Dr. Mary Schick is particularly interested in diagnostic intradermal skin testing for inhalant allergies and performing diagnostic laser surgery for various skin defects and neoplasms. She has helped develop new medications and has published many articles in professional journals. In addition to serving on the executive board of the American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology, Dr. Schick has lectured at many local and national meetings on veterinary dermatology.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- Residency, Dermatology, University of Florida, Gainesville
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, College Station
- Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, Texas A&M University, College Station
Dr. Schick enjoys spending time with her twin boys as well as her horses, chickens, cat and dog. She also enjoys giving back to the community. When she’s not at the gym lifting weights with one son, you can find her riding on challenging horse trails or playing polo with her other son.