What to Know About Your Emergency Visit
Our skilled emergency veterinarians and support teams treat and stabilize pets every day and night, on weekends and holidays, 24 hours per day, 365 days a year.
When your family veterinarian’s office is closed, we’re ready to help you through those scary times when your pet suddenly becomes ill or is injured.
Find an emergency hospital nearby
Before you come to BluePearl Pet Hospital
- If possible, call your local BluePearl before arriving, so we can begin to assess your pet’s condition, help you with directions and prepare our emergency team.
- If you need help bringing your pet in from the car, let us know and we’ll be ready to assist you.
- Bring your pet’s medical records, current medication or any historical information.
After you arrive at BluePearl
- As soon as you arrive at our hospital with your pet, our team will perform triage to assess your pet’s condition.
- To stabilize your pet, we may need to administer IV fluids, pain medications, oxygen therapy and sometimes blood or plasma transfusions.
- We will inform your family veterinarian about your pet’s condition and treatment at BluePearl.
Conditions we typically treat
- Vomiting and Diarrhea
- Urinary Obstruction (Cats)
- Roadside Trauma
- Foreign Item Extraction
- Sudden complications from Diabetes, Heart Disease and Kidney Disease
Is This a Pet Emergency?