Thrombocytopenia clinical study (dogs).
- Tampa, FL
- Clearwater, FL
- Paramus, NJ
- Spring, TX
BluePearl Veterinary Partners is participating in a partially-funded, multi-center clinical study to evaluate the efficacy of a new lyophilized (freeze dried) platelet product for dogs with active bleeding and low platelets.
To be eligible for the study, dogs must:
- Weigh between 2 kg and 45 kg
- Have a platelet count of 50,000/ul or less and a PCV >20%
- Have evidence of bleeding/petechiae in multiple anatomic sites
- Not have CHF or hypertension
- Have not had surgery in the last 48 hours
- Have not received vincristine, platelet-containing blood products, or IVIG within the previous 72 hours
Dogs enrolled in the trial will receive either the investigational product (lyophilized platelets) or frozen platelets (control), along with some of their required blood work, at no cost.
For more information on the trial or to discuss eligibility of a patient, please call the contacts listed below.
Florida – Tampa participation.
John Gicking, DVM, DACVECC, or technicians Lyndsey Dempsey, Lyndsey Dowling or Melissa Siekaniec at 813.933.8944.
Florida – Clearwater participation.
Lauren Harris, DVM, DACVECC, or technician Liz Fratea at 727.572.0132.
New Jersey – Paramus participation.
Benjamin Davidson, BVSc, MANZCVSc, DACVECC, or technician Allison Dearth at 201.527.6699.
Texas – Spring participation.
Richard Stone, DVM, DACVIM, or technician Kristen Smolinski at 832. 616.5000.