Canine atopic dermatitis.
This study will evaluate the efficacy of a new treatment for canine atopic dermatitis.
- Dog is at least 12 months of age and weighs at least 3 kgs or 6.6 lb
- Dog is in overall good health and any underlying disease is stable
- Dog has moderate pruritus, meets the minimum scores required for the study, and has a clinical diagnosis of atopic dermatitis
- Dog has undergone all screening diagnostics which have ruled-out differential diagnoses
- Owner agrees to maintain dog on an approved flea preventative for the duration of the study
- Owner agrees to maintain dog on the same diet for the duration of the study
- Dog does not have evidence of overt superficial or deep microbial skin infection (i.e. bacterial pyoderma or Malassezia dermatitis) at the time of study enrollment
- Only one dog per household may be enrolled in this study
- Owner is willing to comply with the study visit schedule and complete study-related activities
- Dog is pregnant, lactating, or intended for use as a breeding animal
- Dog is too aggressive or non-compliant to complete screening
- Dog has evidence of malignant neoplasia, uncontrolled hypothyroidism, rickettsial disease, or
other condition that could affect immune function
- Dog has evidence of fleas, ticks, mites, or other ectoparasites at the time of study enrollment
- Dog is receiving or should be receiving systemic antimicrobial therapy for bacterial or fungal
- Dog requires or is scheduled for vaccinations during the study
- Dog does not meet minimum washout periods for excluded medications or minimal use or
frequency of use guidelines for conditionally approved medications
- Dog had intradermal allergen testing less than 8 weeks prior to screening
- Dog is owned by clinic personnel
- Dog is currently enrolled in another clinical trial
Locations and contacts:
- Malvern, PA: Kevin Shanley, DVM, DACVD at 610.296.2099
- Midvale, UT: Elizabeth Layne, DVM, DACVD at 801.871.0600
- Reno, NV: Laura Quilling, DVM, DACVD at 775.358.8555
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL: Kim Boyanowski, DVM, DACVD at 954.641.1100
Duration of study.
6 visits over 112 days.
All study-related costs are covered by the sponsor.