William BrewerDVM, DACVIM (SAIM), DACVIM (Oncology)
Dr. Bill Brewer has years of experience working in specialty hospitals and educating others, including a year as a guest lecturer at the University of California, Davis and 16 years as an assistant professor at Auburn University. He remembers becoming an oncologist when the focus was on offering therapy for what was thought of as an untreatable problem. Today, he solves new mysteries every day. Dr. Brewer’s clinical interests include ultrasound, chemotherapy and interpreting lab work.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- Residency, Oncology, University of California, Davis
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of California, Davis
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis
- Bachelor of Science, University of California, Davis
Dr. Brewer likes making small home repairs, gardening, reading and spending time with his family. His cat’s name is Mandy and he’s owned by a Vizsla named Lola.
Dr. Thomas McManus is part of our emergency medicine training program for clinicians. SCUBA certified, his skills include handling marine animals, as well as cats, dogs and birds. He is especially interested in managing trauma and foreign body ingestion cases.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- Bachelor of Science, Marine Science, University of New England, Biddeford
Dr. McManus enjoys spending time by the water, whether kayaking, swimming, diving or lounging on the beach with a good book. He is also an aquarium hobbyist and looks forward to getting a dog of his own soon.
Dr. Edward Trainor is especially interested in managing intervertebral disc disease and seizure disorders.
- Internship, Neurology, BluePearl Georgia Veterinary Specialists, Sandy Springs, GA
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Southfield, MI
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames
- Bachelor of Science, Northern Illinois University, Dekalb
Dr. Trainor enjoys exploring the many local beaches and breweries of the Virginia Beach area or just spending time at home with his cats Link and Zelda.